Mag 250 & 254 Firmware to Unlock locked hidden Portal Access
for USB Flash from BIOS
All you need is...
A compatible USB flash Drive.
1) Click here to download MAG250 file - or - Click here to Download MAG254 file here
2. Copy the .rar file on your computer to the flash drive (right click > send to > your USB flash drive). Then extract by right clicking the mag-250-unblock.rar on the flash drive by
right clicking and selecting Extract here.
(You may need to install WinRar fist: https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm )
It will put a mag250 or mag254 folder onto the USB drive after extracting. A FAT formatted High Quality USB flash drive max 8gb or less, is recommend Kingston or SanDisc..
It needs to be just the mag250 or mag254 folder, with the files inside it, placed at the root of the USB drive. Do not change any folder/filenames.
3. Insert the Flash drive into rear USB port on your STB
4. Remove the power from the STB and then replace while holding down the ‘Menu’ button on the STB remote control (or 3 lines below house button on new remotes) until the box boots into a blue screen, this is the STB BIOS screen.
5. Go to Def. Settings, press right then OK,
6. Navigate to "Image Info" press right, then change change forced to Yes, by pressing right then press left to return to BIOS menu.
7. Navigate to ‘Upgrade Tools’, then to Reset OP. key, press right then OK,
8.change Use Upgrade to Yes,
9. ‘Then go to USB Bootstrap’ press right, and follow the onscreen messages to install the original firmware. It should reboot once finished.
10. Once completed and rebooted, enter ‘Settings’ and then ‘System Settings’, Go to Servers, portal should now be visible.. if not repeat above, but in BIOS go to Def settings, then change NAND to NAND 2 under boot mode or visa versa.
enter provided Portal address and , then go to general and enter pool.ntp.org for NTP server using KB on the remote, press info or i to save.
11. Back in system settings , scroll all the way down on the left hand column and find the ‘Software update’ option. it will reveal itself if you keep pressing down.
8. Run the software update, by press OK, OK, F1 and you are done.